Indianapolis Water Heater Repair, Replacement, & Installation
From hot showers to dishwashing, laundry, and more – your water heater is a workhorse, performing a vast amount of tasks each day to keep your household and your family going. If your hot water heater is operating as it should, all this hard work takes place behind the scenes – so quietly, you forget it’s there. However, when something goes wrong, you’re treated to an icy blast of cold water in the shower, dirty dishes, and dingy clothing.
While regular maintenance can help you keep your water heater in top condition and performing well, the average water heater lasts about ten years and may need professional repairs before the end of its lifespan. When you do need water heater repairs, replacement, or installation in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas, turn to the experts at Plumb Doctor. We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you diagnose the problem and get you through your water heater emergency.
Signs Your Water Heater May Need Repair or Replacement
Unless you’re a professional plumber, it can be difficult to tell whether your water heater needs some help – one reason regularly scheduled maintenance at least once per year is useful. However, as your water heater ages, the likelihood it will need repair increases. Watch for these signs your water heater needs repair or replacement:
- Lack of hot water. This sure sign of water heater issues is also the most noticeable. If your water heater ceases to produce hot water for bathing or dishes, schedule an inspection immediately.
- Cloudy or rusty water. Over time, minerals and sediment can build up in your water heater’s tank, making your water cloudy and metallic-tasting and damaging your water heater. Rust is a likely sign your tank is deteriorating from the inside out and in need of replacement.
- Strange noises. While a bit of noise can be normal for most models, if you hear excessive rumbling, cracking, and popping, contact Plumb Doctor right away. Noises can be caused by sediment and mineral buildup or could be a sign your water heater is about to burst.
- If your water heater is leaking from its pressure relief valve or other fittings, a valve replacement may be sufficient. Other leaks mean a likely crack in the tank, and replacement is needed.
- If your water heater is over ten years old and has experienced numerous issues, replacement is often a better investment than repair. Even if your water heater is not currently showing signs of damage, you’ll want to avoid the potential water damage caused by a water heater leak or complete failure.
Choose Plumb Doctor For Your Indianapolis Water Heater Repair, Replacement, and Installation
If your water heater is showing any of the above signs, repair or replacement is likely necessary. Plumb Doctor is a licensed and insured team of plumbing experts who have been serving Indianapolis and the surrounding areas for years. We have a plumber on call 24/7 and will provide knowledgeable, efficient service to Indianapolis, Danville, Plainfield, Zionsville, Whiteland, Fishers, Greenwood, Lawrence, and more.
Plumb Doctor offers a full warranty on parts and labor, as well as your new water heater. We install only the best brands and can provide regular maintenance to help keep your new water heater operating smoothly for years to come. Contact us today to schedule water heater repair, replacement, or installation at your convenience.